These brownies are one of our current go to breakfast options. They are simple, delicious and also add a little bit of extra protein into your day. Recently I started doubling the recipe and using them as dessert served with Earnest Ice Creams vegan “strawberry toasted coconut ice cream”. Earnest Ice Cream has some of the most delicious flavours of vegan ice cream and has become one of our favourite spots for date night with the kids.
I hope you guys enjoy this delicious and healthier treat;)
Vegan Protein Brownies:
- 1 TBSP Flax meal
- 3 TBSP water
- 1 Cup Gluten free perfect blend baking mix from Natures Fare Market
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 3 Very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 Cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 Cup coconut sugar
- 1 TSP Vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2-3 (Depending on how much protein you want to add)
- Scoops Genuine health chocolate protein powder
Mix flax seed & water together and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes to form a egg like substance.
Once the flax seed has set, mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
Spray a 8×11 pan with coconut oil and pour mixture into pan.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Enjoy with vegan ice cream or yogurt for a breakfast option.