All of these ingredients can be purchased at a grocery store like Nature’s Fare. I used all organic ingredients.
This bread takes me 1 hr from start to finish to make. Now thats not very long for bread! This recipe will not disappoint you. I, on the other hand have been dissapointed many times trying to find a recipe that is fast, easy and super yummy! So look no further, this is one, I have done all the trial and error for you. Now you can make fresh buns or bread to go along with that dinner you’re making, to make that sandwich you’ve been craving, to toast it and smother it with peanut butter and banana, or just to eat straight up fresh from the oven! I’ve adapted my recipe from Nicole’s hot cross buns recipe from ‘Four spoons” gluten free baking channel on you tube. She is a genius with gluten free baking.
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
1. In a small town whisk together 2 tsp yeast, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 cup water. Set aside
2. In a medium bown whisk Psyllium husk, 3 eggs. Then add 1 cup hot water and whisk together, set aside. This mixture will get very thick and goopy. It acts as the ‘gluten’ in the bread.
3. In a big bowl mix together 1 tsp xanthan gum, 2 cups rice flour, 1 cup tapioca flour, 1.5 tsp salt, 1 tsp each baking soda and baking powder, 1/4 cup coconut sugar.
4. Add the the yeast mixture and the ‘gluten’ mixture together. Mix very well. It will be very thick and goopy.
5. Mix it all together now until it is a sticky dough consistency. I mix with a spoon and then finish with my hands to get it all incorporated.
6. Place into parchment paper lined loaf pan and let it rise in a warm place until it doubles in size-about 20 min. I place a big bowl of boiling water in the oven, turn the light on and close the door to make a nice warm humid environment for the dough to rise.
(if making buns, just skip the loaf pan and divide the dough into desired sized buns and place on baking sheet to rise)
7. Bake at 375 for about 40 min.