Asian salad with raw dressing
All of these ingredients can be purchased at a grocery store like Natures Fare. I used all organic produce.
I love love love asian food, I always gravitate towards these flavours when Im cooking meals. This salad is quick and really vertisile because you can use whatever veggies you have on hand, or justyour favourite. And for the protein, you can choose chicken, beef, or make it vegan by using chick peas, nuts, seeds, ect….. The dressing is what really makes this salad with it’s asian influence and tons of nutritional benefits of it being fully raw.
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1 inch ginger
- 6-8 pitted dried dates
- 1tsp sesame oil (you can make this oil free by omitting this, it’s just for taste)
- juice of 1 lime (or lemon in a pinch)
- 1/4 cup organic gluten free tamari
- 1TB peanut butter, or almond butter, or cashew butter
- 1 clove garlic
- Sriracha sauce (optional, use to taste,only if you like spicy)
Ingredients for salad:
-you want to chop veggies very thinly, so I used my mandalin and spiralizer. This is really just a guideline for what veggies to use, please add or take away whatever you wish 🙂
- 1/2-1 cup cabbage
- 1/2-1 cup cucumbers
- 1/2 cup zucchini spiralized
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Protein of choice! I used chicken on this particular day. But you can use whatever you like best! Or make it vegan and use chickpeas, or nuts and seeds of choice!
- 1/2 cup-1 cup good quality carbohydrate of choice. I used cooked quinoa. I have also used brown rice, or brown rice vermicelli noodles, or any gluten free noodle.
Blend all the dressing ingredients in a high speed blender like a vitamix until smooth.
Pour over your salad, mix it up and eat it up!
Ethics Statement: Nature’s Fare Markets is a sponsor of Daily Routine Fitness and we do purchase or receive most of the ingredients for our recipes from them. However, It is still our choice which ingredients we choose to use and why. We would never compromise our quality or integrity to satisfy a sponsor! However, it just so happens that Nature’s Fare Markets is a great place to buy healthy food! To learn more about, please visit their website – http://www.naturesfare.com/