Nothing makes Christmas turkey taste better than the perfect side dishes. Before you hit up the grocery store for the last time, add these delicious ingredients to your list and get ready to impress your Christmas guests. Enjoy~~*
Shaved Brussels Sprout Christmas Salad
Slightly adapted from A Thought For Food
Serves 4-6 as a side
2 cups Brussels sprouts
4 kale leaves
1 cup Raw Almonds
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp dijon
3 tbsp lemon juice
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1. Trim the woody ends off the Brussels sprouts. In a Vitamix process sprouts until uniformly shredded. Transfer to a serving bowl.
2. Remove the stems from the kale leaves. Using a knife, slice into thin ribbons and add to bowl with the Brussels.
3. Segment the oranges and set aside in a separate bowl.
4. De-seed the pomegranate and set arils aside in a bowl.
5. Prepare the dressing by whisking together all of the ingredients until smooth. Pour over the Brussels sprouts and kale and massage with your hands for 30 seconds.
6. Top with the orange segments, pomegranate, and hazelnuts and serve.
Ethics Statement: Nature’s Fare Markets is a sponsor of Daily Routine Fitness and we do purchase or receive most of the ingredients for our recipes from them. However, It is still our choice which ingredients we choose to use and why. We would never compromise our quality or integrity to satisfy a sponsor! However, it just so happens that Nature’s Fare Markets is a great place to buy healthy food! To learn more about, please visit their website – http://www.naturesfare.com/