Raw, Gluten Free & Vegan!
All of these ingredients can be purchased at a grocery store like Nature’s Fare. I used all organic ingredients.
These tasty little truffles have tons of rich flavour that will satisfy any sweet tooth. These are filled with raw, natural ingredients, but no one will ever know they actually contain things that are good for you! These are a great make ahead-treat as you can store them in the freezer and take them out when you need them for that New years party you were just invited to!
- 1/2 cup organic natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raw cocao
- 1/2 cup organic almond meal (I love using raw, sprouted almond meal for these)
- 4 packets of Stevia (The ones that look like sugar packets that you can buy in a box of about 50)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic coconut butter ( if you don’t have this, use more coconut oil instead)
- 2 TB raw organic honey (can use maple syrup for true Vegan)
- 1TB chia seeds
- 1/4-1/2 cup Gogi berries that are dried and unsweetened (if you don’t like these, or can’t find them, you could use dried chopped dates, dried chopped apricots, or dried chopped cherries)
Place all these ingredients in a bowl. Heat up slightly in microwave, or over low heat stove. It should be just heated enough so it’s easier to stir all together. Once it’s all mixed up well, place in the fridge for about 15-20 min so it stiffens up enough so you can roll into balls. (usually about 20 min for me)
You can choose your options for the coating of your truffles. I rolled half my batch in ground almonds, and the other half in coconut sugar. You could also use hemp seeds, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, cocoa, go wild!
Store these in the fridge or freezer until you need them!
Ethics Statement: Nature’s Fare Markets is a sponsor of Daily Routine Fitness and we do purchase or receive most of the ingredients for our recipes from them. However, It is still our choice which ingredients we choose to use and why. We would never compromise our quality or integrity to satisfy a sponsor! However, it just so happens that Nature’s Fare Markets is a great place to buy healthy food! To learn more about, please visit their website – http://www.naturesfare.com/