Turkey Lettuce Wraps
You think you’ve had turkey lettuce wraps before? This recipe will no-doubt raise the bar! Great as a quick snack or a full meal, these amazing wraps are bursting with flavour and very healthy. Once you’ve sunk your teeth into these tasty little lettuce folds of joy, you’ll probably wish you would have doubled up the recipe…so do yourself a favour and just start by doubling up the recipe. Your welcome 😉
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- 2 tbs of peanut butter
- 1 tbs of light soya sauce
- 1 tbs of Hoisin sauce
- juice from one lime
- 1 tbs of sesame oil
- 1 lb of lean ground organic turkey
- 1 head of lettuce (butter or iceberg)
- 2 carrots finely diced
- 3 celery stalks finely diced
- 1/2 can of diced waterchesnuts
- 3/4 cup of diced crimini mushrooms (can omit if you aren’t a mushroom fan but I try to get in as many veggies as possible)
- julliened green/red/yellow peppers
- crushed peanuts
- sunflower or pea sprouts
- chopped cilantro
- hoisin sauce as garnish
In a heavy skillet, on medium, melt the coconut oil, sesame oil, peanut butter.
Add turkey and cook until lightly golden.
Add soya sauce, Hoisin, lime, carrots, celery, mushrooms & waterchesnuts. Cook until mushrooms are well cooked.
Serve up on pieces of lettuce and layer with peppers, peanuts, sprouts and lots of cilantro…finish with a teaspoon of Hoisin cause & a squeeze of lime & ENJOY!!