This past weekend of teething and sleepless nights didn’t exactingly set my week off to a successful start. Since Sunday I have honestly felt like I’ve been walking through this week with the worste foggy brain and lack luster attitude. How does one recover from something like this? Shop and bake of course!
Yesterday I headed to Frock for a little head clearing break and found this amazing little blouse. There is something about buying second hand clothing that just makes me feel a little bit lighter.
Today I woke up with the worst knots in my back (I have a feeling all the late night walks/rocking are to blame for this) and I decided..Fricken knots you will not beat me! I’m going shopping and baking the snot out of this afternoon. For me baking is yet another activity that rates high on my stress release chart. There is something so beautiful to me about creating something yummy, healthy and making someone smile with enjoyment. i hope your family enjoys these tasty treats as much as mine did. Enjoy~~*
Thanksgiving is coming and rather then torturing yourself and refusing every delicious dessert that is passed around the table, I’m going to show you a couple great options to get you through this weekend without completely blowing your diet. I did include a frosting recipe that you can use for both of these dessert. If your looking to cut back on the calories leave the frosting out, both of these dessert and fabulous without it!
Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting:
- 18.25 oz Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla Super Moist Cake Mix*
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 cup water
For the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 fat cream cheese (do not use fat free)
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin Bean Brownies:
- coconut oil
- 1 oz dark organic chocolate (70% cocoa or greater)
- 1 1/2 cups soft-cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 heaped cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt your dark chocolate over medium heat, place liguid items in magic bullet followed by all your dry ingredients. Blend for 2 minutes or till liquid is clump free. Lightly coat pan with coconut oil, pour mixture into a 9×9 2 inch pan and let the magic happen! Top with your pumpkin cream cheese frosting or for a healthier option serve with Greek yogurt.