Nutritional Goals: Reducing Sugar Intake
Welcome to week 1! This week the goal will be to stop drinking your calories. Drinking calories comes in many forms: juice, soda/pop, alcohol, tasty Starbucks drinks, smoothies with a lot of fruit, etc. Many people don’t realize just how big of an impact drinking sugary drinks can have on our health and fitness goals. Instead of drinking calories, focus on getting your calories from real food that will fuel you!
Here’s a few simple ideas to get you started:
- Instead of a Latte, try regular coffee with a dash of milk. Another great option is adding almond milk or coconut creamer. If you need to sweeten it, try Stevia instead of sugar. Stevia is made from a natural leaf that is actually 150 x sweeter than sugar!
- Instead of a smoothie that’s high in sugar, choose an apple with 1 TBSP of nut butter to help balance the sugar. Or you can still get a smoothie, but try to limit it to 1 piece of fruit and instead use lots of vegetables like spiiach, kale, beats etc.
- Instead of drinking soda/pop or another drink high in sugar, instead choose water to naturally hydrate your body without the added sugar!
Little changes like this will make a huge change in the cravings your body is having and your crash and burn effect in the afternoons.
Workout Goals: 3 Full-Body Workouts
Each workout should take between 30 to 45 min. Each video will likely have to be repeated 2 or 3 times! For specifics, please read the description below each video.
- Monday: Skip to it workout
- Wednesday: Cardio Leg Burner Workout
- Friday: Fabulous Full Body Bench Workout