Jill and I are back again with some healthy, delicious snacks that will impress your guests and won’t sacrifice your waistline!
Delicious Yam Hummus
- 1 pound yams (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 can (19.5 ounces) chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- sliced raw veggies and tortilla chips
- Set a steamer basket in a large pot. Fill with enough water to come just below basket; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a food processor.
- Combine chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, cumin, and garlic in the food processor. Puree, about 1 minute; thin with water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper and let cool; refrigerate, in an airtight container, up to 1 week. Serve with raw veggies and tortilla chips.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- sea salt
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl
2. Spread out over a cookie sheet on top of parchment paper
3. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes
4. Remove from oven, let cool, and DEVOUR!